Sunday, January 23, 2011

In the club;

I guess planning way too early, conjuring something way too fixed... Probably isn't a good idea, in retrospect.

When Ches mentioned the policy about UBD regarding its employees (specifically, lecturers), his wasn't the only plan that, well, had some leaks in it. I've had a clear idea of where I want to go, what I want to be, when I was much younger, back when peers still wonder if Economics is more fun than Business Studies or if POA was easier than, say, Computing. Immerse myself in English, be awesome at it, go to UBD, get a scholarship somewhere along the way overseas and come back and work in UBD before I study for PhD again.

I guess life's never as clear-cut as that.

Maybe it's fortunate I hear about it now, before I leave sixth form and become stranded with no place to go, no back-up plan, no idea what God actually has in store for me.

Dad's been giving me some ideas, and it's definitely something I'd like to explore; journalism and editing, I mean. Writing, expressing my opinions, making sure the articles have good English. ;P But I still like to talk; make people see just how cool and complex and imperfect and relevant the language is today. Thus why I don't want to be stuck being a mere teacher in a high school.

Maybe the fact that I want to do something different than them has a pretty big influence in that as well.

I don't know, honestly. All I can do right now is pray some more, trust Him just a little bit more, and do my own part.

Gaggle of people who've no concrete idea what they want to be and are severely running out of time; meet your newest recruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment